WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER FILING BANKRUPTCY?
You may be considering bankruptcy when some or all of the following occur:
- A creditor or collection agency repeatedly calls you, either at home or at work, or both seeking payment from you that you don’t have
- A creditor has filed a lawsuit against you and if they obtain a judgment might garnish your wages or attach funds in your bank account
- You have fallen behind on your mortgage payments and the lender is threatening, or has started foreclosure proceedings
- You have guaranteed a debt of a business that is no longer operating or is operating unsuccessfully or have guaranteed the debt of another party
- You owe past income or sales taxes